Are you considering facial rejuvenation? If yes, to what extent do you wish to go? Are you interested in a non-surgical procedure like Botox®, dermal fillers, or lasers? Or something more permanent like a facelift or necklift?
Facial rejuvenation refers to choosing cosmetic enhancements designed to restore the youthful beauty you enjoyed years ago. Some of the most popular corrections include surgical treatments like an eyelid lift. However, non-surgical treatments are becoming more sought-after by people who are too busy for much downtime.
With that in mind, here is a simple guide that board-certified Dr. Jason Cooper created to illustrate surgical versus non-surgical options for facial rejuvenation. Dr. Jason Cooper educates patients about these procedures and helps make recommendations for which procedures will most effectively address your facial rejuvenation goals.
The Forehead and Eyes
The forehead and eyes are two facial features that can add years to your facial appearance as you age. Common issues include:
- Tired and droopy eyes
- Bags or puffiness under the eyes
- Crow’s Feet
- Forehead wrinkles
- Sagging upper eyelids
- Frown lines between the brows
Surgical Correction for These Areas
- Upper Blepharoplasty is an eyelid surgery that removes excess skin to restore a natural eye presence that’s young and fresh.
- Lower Blepharoplasty corrects lower undereye bags and hollows.
- Temporal Brow Lift removes skin to lift the brow.
- Fat Grafting fills in undereye hollows.
Non-Surgical Treatments for These Areas
- Botox relaxes the forehead muscles and resolves dynamic wrinkles like crow’s feet and forehead lines.
- Dermal Fillers add volume to the lower eye lid and tear trough areas.
- Laser resurfacing repairs sun-damaged skin and can be combined with a brow lift, eyelid surgery, or used afterward.
Rhinoplasty, better known as a nose job, helps deliver proportion and harmony with other facial features. It can also improve breathing and is commonly done concurrently with a facelift or eyelid surgery.
Common aesthetic issues include:
- Large or long nose
- Bulbous nasal tip
- Prominent bump on the bridge
- A nose that is too wide or small for the face
- Asymmetrical nose
- Breathing difficulties
Nose Surgery Techniques
There are multiple surgical rhinoplasty techniques, including:
- Closed rhinoplasty is when incisions are made in the nostrils to gain access to the nasal cartilage and bone.
- Open rhinoplasty is when the nasal skin is elevated or lifted off the underlying cartilage.
- Functional rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure of the nose that corrects issues with breathing and nasal function stemming from obstruction, structural problems, or past trauma.
- Revision rhinoplasty refers to an additional rhinoplasty surgery that corrects a failed rhinoplasty performed by another surgeon.
Non-Surgical Nose Procedures
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a treatment that uses dermal fillers to restores some shape and symmetry to the nose without surgery.
The Face, Jowls, and Cheeks
Certain factors – like genetics, age, and gravity – may cause facial skin to lose volume and sag over time. Prolonged exposure to the sun’s UV rays increases the probability of problematic skin texture and tone.
- Sagging jawline
- Descent and/ or Loss of Facial Volume
- Prominent jowls
- Sagging Neck Skin or Turkey Neck
- Folds and wrinkles around the mouth and nose
- Dark spots and pigmentation issues
- Hollow cheeks
- A facelift is an ideal correction for the mid-to-lower facial areas. It is designed to enhance tissue laxity and trim away excess skin.
- A necklift will deliver a slender neckline without banding to perfectly frame facial beauty.
Non-Surgical Facial Treatments
There are multiple non-surgical treatments to address facial aging concerns; they include:
Dr. Jason Cooper is a Harvard-trained and board-certified plastic surgeon who maintains expertise in surgical and non-surgical facial procedures. If you would like more information about the procedures he offers, contact us or call (561) 406-6574 to schedule your personal consultation today!