New! Non-Ablative Icon Laser!
Dr. Jason Cooper offers laser skin rejuvenation using the Icon laser. Laser skin rejuvenation is done to improve the appearance of age spots, skin tone and texture, sun damage, wrinkles, stretch marks, and acne and surgical scars, and more. This treatment can be used on almost anywhere on the body.
At our practice, we offer laser skin rejuvenation to treat:
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Spider veins & vascular lesions
- Sun damage, freckles & hyperpigmentation
- Acne & surgical scars
- Stretch marks
How Does It Work?
Laser skin rejuvenation uses two laser wavelengths helps to achieve dramatic improvements in the skin in as little as one treatment. Dr. Jason Cooper uses the Icon Laser, which can effectively reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation, lines and wrinkles, scars, and much more. The Icon laser is a non-ablative laser, meaning that it is less invasive than other laser options. It works by heating the underlying tissues to stimulate collagen production in the skin.
Most patients require a series of 3-4 treatments scheduled 4-6 weeks apart to see optimal results.
Is the Icon Laser Right for You?
Healthy individuals who are looking to improve the overall appearance of their skin without downtime can often benefit from the Icon laser. Because this laser is non-ablative, it works best on those with mild to moderate signs of aging. However, consultation is needed to help determine if this treatment is right for you.
What to Expect at Your Appointment
During your first appointment, Dr. Cooper will examine your skin and you will have the opportunity to discuss your medical history and aesthetic goals. Prior to treatment, a numbing cream will be applied to the treatment area to ensure a comfortable treatment session. We also use a Zimmer chiller to project cold air onto the treatment area to reduce any discomfort.
After your treatment, you may experience some minor redness or swelling, though there is no downtime needed. You may notice some darkening of the treated skin after treatment, which is normal. The outer layers of the skin will exfoliate to reveal smoother, more youthful-looking skin underneath. As your skin continues to produce new elastin and collagen, you will notice a reduction of fine lines over time, as well as firmer skin.
Why Choose Dr. Cooper
- Has helped to develop the laser program within the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Is extremely experienced in the latest procedures using ablative and non-ablative laser technology.
- IRB-approved clinician studies on scars management following breast reconstruction using laser in time optimized study.
- Author of book chapters and clinical reviews on laser surgery.
- Educated physicians and their staff (2010-2016) as a Luminary for Sciton laser company.