Treatments to Rejuvenate the Skin
Laser treatments for skin resurfacing and rejuvenation are very popular in that they are effective, nonsurgical options for improving the appearance of the skin. Dr. Cooper is a board-certified plastic surgeon that offers laser treatments in the Jupiter area to help address a variety of signs of aging.
What are Laser Treatments?
Laser treatments used for skin resurfacing and rejuvenation are effective solutions for reversing the effects of damaged skin. At our office, we offer the Luminus UltraPulse and Icon lasers, which can be used to address a large number of skin irregularities, including:
- Age spots
- Skin tone and texture
- Sun damage
- Stretch marks
- Acne scars
- Surgical scars
- And more
Ablative vs Non-Ablative
When it comes to laser treatments, they can be broken up into two categories: ablative and non-ablative.
Ablative lasers, like the Luminus UltraPulse, are more invasive, which makes them a great option for treating moderate wrinkles, facial scarring, and skin discoloration. Ablative lasers remove the topmost layer of skin to stimulate deep collagen production and rejuvenation for more dramatic results.
Non-ablative lasers, like the Icon, are less invasive and work by heating up the underlying skin tissues without harming the surface to stimulate collagen production. These treatments are best for improving the appearance of fine lines and mild pigmentation issues.
Customizing your Cosmetic Procedure
Dr. Jason Cooper takes the time to listen to your individual cosmetic goals to create a skin rejuvenation plan that will address your individual problem areas. Depending on the amount of skin damage that you wish to address, Dr. Cooper may suggest combining your laser skin treatments with medical-grade skin products to help further improve your results.
Why Choose Dr. Cooper
- Has helped to develop the laser program within the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Is extremely experienced in the latest procedures using ablative and non-ablative laser technology.
- IRB-approved clinician studies on scars management following breast reconstruction using laser in time optimized study.
- Author of book chapters and clinical reviews on laser surgery.
- Educated physicians and their staff (2010-2016) as a Luminary for Sciton laser company.
- He is a member of the ASLMS American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery